People use different words when they search for online content. These search terms are called keywords. Some of the popular keyword research tools are as given below:
1. Google Adwords: suggests keywords for descriptive words and phrases as well as for website content.
2. Google Search-based Keyword Tool: provides keyword ideas based on actual Google search queries.
3. Google Suggest: as you type in a keyword, Google offers suggestions and shows the number of results.
4. Google Alerts: email updates of the latest relevant Google results based on your choice of topic or keywords.
5. Wordtracker: generates keywords for search engine and website optimization.
6. Keyword Discovery: compiles keyword search stats from worldwide search engines.
7. Goodkeywords: downloadable freeware that queries a number of popular search engines to identify good keywords.